We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Atomic mass, symbol and atomic number
oxygen is a naturally occurring element with the element symbol O and the atomic number 8. In the periodic table it stands with an atomic mass of 15,999 u in the 6th main group. The chemical element discovered by Wilhelm Scheele in 1771 is not radioactive and is in a gaseous state at room temperature.
|Year of discovery:||1771|
|Atomic mass:||15,999 u|
|Atomic radius:||60 pm|
|Covalent radius:||66 pm|
|Van der Waals radius:||152 pm|
|Electron configuration:||1s2 2s2 2p4|
|ionization:||1313.9 kJ / mol|
|molar volume:||17,36 · 10-6 m3/ mol|
|Melting point:||-218 ° C|
|Boiling point:||-183 ° C|
|Heat of fusion:||0.22 kJ / mol|
|Heat of vaporization:||5.58 kJ / mol|
|Thermal conductivity:||0.026 W|
Did you know that ...
- Almost 50% oxygen is the most common element of the earth's crust?
- Oxygen after helium and hydrogen is the third most abundant element in the universe, and still does not make up 1%?
- the molecules of the ocean layer are each made up of three oxygen atoms (O3) consist?
- Oxygen on Earth almost exclusively as molecular oxygen (O2) occurs?
- the chemists Carl Wilhelm Scheele and Joseph Priestley discovered oxygen independently in 1771 and 1774, respectively?
- the oxygen in the earth's atmosphere was created almost exclusively by the photosynthesis of plants and algae?